Sunday 18 November 2012

Photo Collage

I have looked at a photographer called Sharon Elphick. She is very well known for doing photo collages. I like her work because creating a collage with your pictures allows you to create more patterns and some images look nice as a group because they compliment each other.

Example of Sharon's work;
                                                                                  




I have also created my own photo collages;

 
I have created the first collage by using the same image and changing the hue to create four different colours. I have then rotated and flipped the image to create a kaleidoscope effect. 
The second image is of pub names, I used my photos from the fourth collage and cropped them. I have created a pattern in the collage by putting a long name then short names and then long names ect..
The third collage I have created by cropping all the blank parts of my firework pictures to create a busy image.
The fourth collage is of pubs in my local area. The pubs have a lot of detail and the different view points make the collage more interesting to look at.
The fifth collage is of buildings in London. I have cropped so of the pictures so that the photos are of the windows. I did this because windows are interesting as they reflect the world around them adding more depth to the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment